• Choose your language:
  • Google-Translate-English to Irish Gaelic
  • Google-Translate-English to Welsh
  • Google-Translate-English to French
  • Google-Translate-English to German
  • Google-Translate-English to Italian
  • Google-Translate-English to Polish
  • Google-Translate-English to Russian
  • Google-Translate-English to Spanish
  • Google-Translate-English to Chinese
  • Google-Translate-English to Japanese
  • Google-Translate-English to Hindi
  • Google-Translate-English to Urdu
  • Add NACAS to your favorites
  • Print this page
  • Email this page to a friend
Mon 15 September, 2014

Complaints procedure for clients of North Ayrshire Citizens Advice Service

How to make a complaint

We aim to provide our clients with the best possible advice and information to help them make informed decsions to better manage their problems. In most cases clients are satisfied with the help they receive, but occasionally we do not meet our high expectations, if you feel that we have not provided you with the expected level of service then you can complain.

Every Citizens Advice Bureau has a complaints procedure. To find out more about making a complaint please read the information provided, alternatively, you can visit your local bureau and request a complaint form or write us a letter.

You can also make a complaint on our contact us page. Select CAB Complaint from the Subject drop down box.

Your right to complain

If you are not satisfied with any aspect of the Citizens Advice Bureau service, please let us know. We welcome complaints because they help us to improve and correct mistakes.

We treat all complaints seriously and we deal with them promptly.

We keep complaints confidential. Our advice and records and our complaints records are completely separate.

If you've got a complaint, you have a choice of ways to get it sorted out:

  • You can discuss your complaint with the manager so that we can try to resolve it straight away.
  • If the manager is not available, a suitable appointment date can be offered.
  • You can telephone later: the number is shown in the Citizens Advice Bureau or from our telephone numbers listed at the bottom of this page.
  • You are welcome to ask someone else to make your complaint for you by telephone, letter or coming into the Citizens Advice Bureau - but make sure they have your written consent.
  • You can fill out the complaint form available in your Citizens Advice Bureau and send it to us. Or give the information in a letter if you prefer: it will be treated in the same way.
  • You can also make a complaint on our contact us page. Select CAB Complaint from the Subject drop down box.

We will write to acknowledge your complaint within five working days, telling you what action is being taken, who is dealing with your complaint and when you can expect to receive a full reply. Every effort will be made to complete the investigation within the next twenty-five working days. If it takes longer, we will keep you informed of progress.

Share this page:
Get advice online


Get Factsheet
Web Standards and Accessibility
Make this website talk with Browse Aloud...look, click, listen

Useful links

Our Offices:
Arran CAB
Ormidale Sports Centre
Shore Road
Isle of Arran
KA27 8DL
Tel: 01770 302 710
Irvine CAB
22A Eglinton Street
KA12 8AS
Tel: 01294 278 051
Kilbirnie CAB
43 Main Street
KA25 7BX
Tel: 01505 682 830
Largs CAB
32-34 Boyd Street
KA30 8LE
Tel: 01475 673 586
Saltcoats CAB
87 Dockhead Street
KA21 5ED
Tel: 01294 467 848

© NACAS. All rights reserved. NACAS is recognised as a charity by the Inland Revenue (Scotland), Number SC028222. The North Ayrshire Citizens Advice Service is a Company Limited by Guarantee Number 188819. Registered Office: 87 Dockhead Street, Saltcoats, KA21 5ED