Every year thousands of people turn to the Citizens Advice Bureau for help and advice and we help make a difference in their lives and the wider community. Clients often report improved health and increased confidence after receiving advice both of which reduce the demand for health services and contribute to happier, more integrated communities.
Supporting the local economy
As well as reducing the strain on other services, North Ayrshire Citizens Advice Service also plays an active role in contributing to the local economy.
For every £1 of funding invested in the citizens advice service, £11 is generated for the economic and financial gain of the community.
- Referral to a North Ayrshire Citizens Advice Bureau can alleviate staff absenteeism and underperformance which is often rooted in personal problems, such as debt or separation, helping to save local business and employees’ time and money by reducing the number of lost working hours through these problems.
- Employers themselves seek advice on behalf of employees, or in respect of their legal obligations.
- Our Citizens Advice Bureaux train and develop the skills of volunteers, providing real work place experience, equipping them for a wide range of paid occupations. Volunteers are trained in counselling, Information Technology, administration and many other roles.
Become a Friend of NACAS
If you would like to consider supporting a North Ayrshire Citizens Advice Bureau there are many ways you can help.
- You can make a one-off donation.
- Make a regular donation by Direct Debit.
- Make us the Charity of the Year at your company.
- Sponsor some new equipment, printing our marketing literature or a specific service related to your business area.
- Sponsor a volunteer for travelling expenses and providing them with training.
If you think your company would be interested in becoming a sponsor, please call us on 01294 467 848 for an informal chat, or complete the form on our contact us page.
Thank you for your support.