North Ayrshire Citizens Advice Service (NACAS) is a member of Citizens Advice Scotland (the national umbrella body for Citizens Advice Bureaux), providing advice services to our clients through a network of bureaux in Arran, Irvine, Kilbirnie, Largs and Saltcoats.
We provide free, independent, confidential, and impartial advice on a range of issues including debt and consumer issues, benefits, housing, legal matters, employment and discrimination.
The service is completely free and confidential. We don't judge or take sides, and our advice is unaffected by any consideration other than the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice Bureau.
NACAS was formed in July 1998 from the amalgamation of Cunninghame Citizens Advice, the Unemployed Workers Centre and Arran Information and Advice and was incorporated into the Citizens Advice Service in August 1998.
Last year we dealt with 22,210 enquiries, providing advice and support through our bureaux, by telephone, email and by letter and helped our clients to a total financial gain of £3.9 million pounds.
What we do
Unemployment, debt and home repossession are just some of the problems faced by millions of people every day. NACAS helps people to tackle their problems head on with advice, information and practical support. As well as working with clients to solve individual problems, NACAS works to change services and policies which are failing.
The Citizens Advice service aims:
- Provide the advice people need for the problems they face.
- Improve the policies and practices that affect people's lives.
To achieve our vision for NACAS we have identified five important goals. These are:
- easier and faster access to quality advice and information for more people.
- to strengthen our voice in social policy.
- to develop a network of like minded partnership organisations across North Ayrshire.
- to support new advice initiatives.
- a commitment to equality.
In carrying out their roles NACAS staff will ensure that they build into all their work and future plans a set of core values. These values will be:
- to focus on clients.
- achieve results.
- drive for continuous improvement.
- promote equality and fairness.
- value each other and work together for the benefits of the North Ayrshire community.
NACAS are funded by:
- North Ayrshire Council - Core & Debt Outreach through the Fairer North Ayrshire Fund.
- Citizens Advice Scotland - Credit Crunch service, Development Committee and Kinship Care.
- Department for Work and Pensions - Work placement.
Whilst we rely on Government, North Ayrshire Council and Citizens Advice Scotland for our core funding, we could not carry on without the contributions from our donors who are:
- Scottish & Southern Energy - Fuel Poverty
- People's Postcode Lottery - Money Advice training
- O2 - Youth CAB
- Caledonian University - Student placements
- NHS Ayrshire and Arran - Independent Advice and Support Service
We are constantly striving to maintain sufficient funds to continue our existing level of service and to develop new ways of meeting the advice needs of our local community. We are looking for sponsors to:
- supplement core funding.
- pay for computer equipment for our volunteers.
- sponsor any equipment or training or purchasing so we can spend more of our money on providing our service.
As part of our commitment to providing our clients with excellent customer service, we are continually evaluating and looking for ways to improve our programmes and services, so that we continue to deliver an exceptional, professional service.
Your suggestions and feedback are valuable in helping us provide a quality level of service for everyone. We would be pleased if you could write to us, or complete one of our Client Feedback survey forms available in each interview room. You can also email us from the contact us page.