NACAS. North Ayrshire's premier information and advice service.
Our volunteers and staff work tirelessly to provide a premium service that is independent, impartial, confidential and FREE to the people of North Ayrshire.
Advice you want, they way you want it. By buerau, telephone, email, online.
News at your fingertips
- NACAS AGM 2012North Ayrshire Citizens Advice Service (NACAS) is pleased to announce the 14th Annual General Meeting will be held at the Volunteer Rooms in Irvine on Thursday 30th August 2012 at 6pm. Members...
- NACAS and AiB join forces to deliver new money advice serviceThe nationally accredited information and advice provider North Ayrshire Citizens Advice Service (NACAS) has joined forces with Accountant in Bankruptcy (AiB), Scotland's Insolvency Service, to...
- NACAS seeks new board members...are you ready for a challenge? Volunteers are being sought to help shape and influence the future of information and advice services across North Ayrshire. North Ayrshire Citizens Advice Service (NACAS), the leading...
- New FREE Telephone Advice Line Launched by NACASResidents of North Ayrshire will find it easier to get advice with the launch of a new telephone advice service today (Monday 30th April 2012). Advice Line, the new free and confidential service from...
- Referendum urged on gay marriageA former leader of the SNP has urged the Scottish Government to hold a referendum on the proposed introduction of same-sex marriage. Gordon Wilson argued that allowing same-sex partners to marry...
- Fewer complaints against policeThe number of complaints against Scotland's police forces has dropped to a three year low, according to an independent review. Professor John McNeill, the Police Complaints Commissioner...
- Redundancy claims 2,000 apprenticesAlmost 2,000 apprentices have been made redundant in the last two years, figures have revealed. Statistics from Government agency Skills Development Scotland (SDS) showed this had happened to 1,915...
- Breaking up lifeline ferry services would be damaging warn unionsUnion chiefs are to warn a Scottish Government minister it would be a "political suicide mission" for lifeline ferry services to be broken up. Leaders of the RMT union are meeting...
- Scientists demonstrate potential new treatment for most common form of infant leukaemiaA team lead by Cancer Research UK scientists have shown that a potential new drug could treat mixed-lineage leukaemia (MLL), the most common form of leukaemia in babies, according to a study published...
- Plan for single EU online shopping law good for customers and UK retailers, says BRCA new optional sales law that would apply throughout the EU is good news for customers and UK retailers, said the British Retail Consortium (BRC) The European Commisssion has published its proposals...
Getting help. The information we need.
When you contact a North Ayrshire Citizens Advice Bureau for advice, either in person or telephone or email, it is vital that the adviser who deals with your problem has as much information about your case as possible.
Find out more about the details we may need to help resolve your problem quicker.what to bring with you
Advice Line the new free telephone advice service
If you are struggling with debt, experiencing employment problems, worried about benefits or have any other problem, expert help is just a phone call away.
We have highly trained advisers on hand to take your call and help with any problems that you may have.
Call us on freephone 0808 800 9060. Calls are free from a BT landline. Charges may vary from other landline providers and mobile phones so please check before dialling.
find out more about Advice Line
Benefit Entitlement Checks
Are you getting what you're entitled to?
Up to £16bn in income-related benefits and tax credits went unclaimed in Britain in 2009-2010.
You could be missing out on unpaid benefits. Call in to a North Ayrshire Citizens Advice Bureau today and we'll check your entitlement.
Redundancy and leaving your job
Guide about redundancy rights and leaving your job.
Your employer has responsibilities to treat you fairly and follow the correct process if they are considering making redundancies. They should think about any alternatives to making you redundant. Get an overview of your rights if you are facing redundancy.
Mortgage arrears or payment difficulties
Help with your mortgage
If you can't meet your mortgage repayments, or you're worried you might fall behind, contact your lender as soon as possible. Find out different ways in which you may be able to get help if you're in difficulty with your mortgage payments.
Are you facing eviction?
Information you need to know if you are facing eviction.
Landlords have to follow special legal procedures in order to evict tenants. This section tells you about the procedures they must follow and what your rights are.
Find out how a landlord can regain possession of their property and a tenant's rights against illegal eviction and harassment.
Training and benefits of volunteering
We are committed to ensuring our volunteers are fully trained and equipped for any role they undertake with us.
By ensuring you are trained not only prepares you for the role you are to undertake with us, but this can also look great on your CV.
Help with energy costs for vulnerable customers
If you are struggling to pay for your energy and worried about how you can heat your home there a number of ways we can help.
Energy companies provide free help for customers who struggle to pay their bills or heat their home. Read on to find out more about help for vulnerable customers.